Saturday, February 6, 2010

Prayer Requests for Saturday

I'm getting this out late with kids, church, and Army drill taking up most of the day thus far. Drill is always interesting as I am getting out soon so there is not much I do anymore. To tell you the truth, I am still "bitter" at the chaplaincy for not accepting me to go active duty because I lack 2 years of full time ministry in a church; when I do have 10.5 years of military service, 2 years of missionary work in Ukraine, and led worship for 2 years for chapel services in the Army. None of that counts towards going back onto active duty????? Anyway, after working with chaplains on active duty who did little when it came to ministry I do not feel sorry for the military's need for chaplains...... Pray my heart changes to one of forgiveness and prayer for the military chaplaincy.

Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Gary,
    I wanted to let you know that I feel your frustration. I would be upset if I were in your shoes. As you have read, I have had my own frustrations related to my previous birth experience and my attempts to avoid a repeat of that episode. I keep getting these waves of bitterness towards my former OB, because my current situation is more complicated due to following his stern recommendations. But I know that I have to keep giving that up to God, because bitterness doesn't bring anything except bondage. Sometimes forgiveness is a process.

    I have been praying kind of a 2 sided prayer regarding your situation. That God will either intervene and put you in the chaplaincy, or that he will show you that he has a better plan. I also pray that God will free you from bitterness and give both wisdom in what to do and peace that he has a plan for you to give you a future and a hope.

    My church has been doing a series on Psalm 23 that has been very relevant to my life.

    Picture a green meadow with a quiet brook flowing with the best water you've ever tasted. Rest and be restored confident that God our shepherd will guide you along the right path if you follow his lead. He knows the terrain and will never lead you along a way that he can not get you through. He will not leave your side even when the way gets difficult. His rod is there to protect you from the lions & wolves of this world, and his staff is there to gently pull/nudge you into his safe keeping free from any danger. (we've only gotten to verse 4)

    ReplyDelete