Friday, August 20, 2010

Really? Really? What the.....? (Click for Article)

4 years ago my wife and I went through the process of adopting our beautiful little girl. We had to fill out mountains of paperwork; go through a financial check, background criminal check, pay over $20,000, and after one year stand before a judge who decided we were fit parents and able to fully adopt Hava.
Behold James and Anne Cardona of Marietta, Georgia. They have 2 precious girls and proceeded to treat them worse than caged pets. One is 5 years old weighing 160 pounds with rotting teeth and covered in bug bites. (The house was full of cockroaches, flees, and "gigantic" spiders.) Her younger sister, 4, when found was wearing only a urine soaked diaper also full of bug bites.
If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" I can only picture the apartment where Frito lives.
Now I'm definitely not advocating the state getting involved with people having kids like they do when people want to adopt but come on. Put my wife and I through scrutiny paying out 20 grand and having to go to court to be deemed good enough parents while a couple like this has kids. Thankfully they were caught and put in jail and should stay in jail for a long time. Unfortunately these 2 precious little girls are scarred for life and have a long road ahead of them starting with foster care. God I pray their foster parents treat them with respect and with lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sad story. I have a hard time not wanting to be a foster momma after reading stories like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I empathize with your thoughts. My parents were foster parents for 15 years when I was growing up and the place some of these kids came from were so saddening. We had a newborn for his first 2 years of his life and than had to give him back to his folks, that was the toughest part. We need good foster families!

    ReplyDelete